|Item Weight||109 g|
|Product Dimensions||6.9 x 13 x 14.2 cm|
|Item model number||200.1659|
|Manufacturer’s Minimum Suggested Age(months)||0.0|
Made of polypropelene, a Bisphenol-A free plastic and is a safe alternative to polycarbonate bottles. Shatterproof, no cracking and splintering when dropped. Milk may be directly reused from the bottle when thawed.
- Shatterproof-No cracking and splintering when dropped.
- Proven food-grade material-Designed to retain breastmilk’s beneficial properties.
- No Bisphenol-A-Safest plastic for breastmilk storage.
- Pumping directly into the bottle.
- Milk may be reused directly from bottle when thawed.
- Compatible with any Medela Breastshield/Breastpump.
Recommendation for use
- Additional spare bottles for Medela Breastpumps.
- For additional storage needs at home.
- When freezing do not fill bottles/bags more than 3/4 full to allow space for expansion.
- Label bottles/bags with the date of pumping.
- In order to preserve the components of the breastmilk, thaw in the refrigerator overnight or by holding the bottle/bag under running warm water (max 37 degree Celsius).
- Gently shake the bottle/bag to blend any fat that has separated.
- Do not thaw frozen breastmilk in a microwave oven or in a pan of boiling water (danger of burning).
- Do not store breastmilk in the door of the refrigerator.
Statement about storage time of breastmilk
Our guidelines for the storage of breastmilk are based on the latest published publications on the topic and on practical advises and experiences of lactation consultants. These data demonstrate that human milk collected in such a way to minimize bacterial contamination can be safely refrigerated in accordance with our recommendations. Based on this new update, we will change in all our instruction manuals as follow:
- In a refrigerator, milk can be refrigerated 3 – 5 days.
- In a refrigerator freezer compartment for up to 6months.
- In a deep freezer up to 12 months.
Our standard differs slightly from the US standard because we are exporting to a variety of different countries in which storage conditions and fluctuation of living temperature are different enough to require more strict recommendations.
Cleaning at home
- Cleaning-Removal of dirt and dust.
- Sanitizing/ Disinfecting-Selective reduction of viable germs and interruption of infection chains.
- Sterilising-Entire elimination of all forms of viable micro-organisms.
The following cleaning recommendations may be adjusted individually when certain circumstances require special attention e.g. a mother delivers her expressed breastmilk to the hospital for her premature or ill baby. In such cases, mothers need to follow the instructions given by the healthcare professional.
- Use drinking water quality for any of the following described cleaning procedures.
- Clean parts immediately after use to avoid dry up of milk residues and to prevent from growth of bacteria.
- Disassemble all parts prior to cleaning and disinfecting.
- Especially be sure to remove the yellow valve head from the breastshield and separate the white valve membrane from the valve head.
Prior to first use and once daily
- Wash and rinse all parts of your pump kit that come in contact with the breast and milk.
- Place parts in a saucepan of sufficient capacity.
- Fill with cold water until the parts are well covered. Optionally, a tea spoon of citric acid may be added to avoid a build-up of lime scale.
- Heat it up and allow boiling for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and drain water off.
- Dry parts with a clean towel. To avoid bacteria contamination using a clean paper towel is recommended over a cloth towel.
- Parts which do not come in contact with the breast and milk e.g. tubing, piston/cylinder, handle, membrane cap, protective membrane etc. only need cleaning on an irregular basis (e.g. once a week) or when an overflow occurred.
As an alternative to boiling
- Dishwasher: Clean parts in top rack.
- Microwave: Use Medela Quick Clean Microwave Bags or other microwave-safe device (Piston and cylinder of Manual Breastpump cannot be cleaned in microwave).
- Steam sterilizer: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
After each use
- Hand wash all parts that come in contact with the breast and milk in warm, soapy water.
- Rinse in clear water.
- Dry parts with a clean towel.
Inspect the tubing after each pumping session for condensation and/or milk.
If condensation appears in the tubing
- Let the pump run after you have completed pumping with tubing attached for 1-2 minutes or until dry.
If milk gets into the tubing
- If milk accidentally gets into the tubing turn off the pump and unplug from power source.
- Remove and clean the tubing according to the instructions “prior to first use and once daily”.
- Shake water droplets out and hang to air-dry. For faster drying, attach the tubing to pump and run for 1-2 minutes or until dry.
Storing components after cleaning
- After cleaning, when parts are not in use put in a clean zip lock bag or store in a container with lid.
- Alternatively, the parts can be wrapped in a clean paper or cloth towel.
Disinfecting procedures on “cold water basis” by using Milton tabs or other hypochlorite substances are not recommended. The additives and their impact are not known and may damage the material (e.g. parts can become brittle etc.). Furthermore, plastic materials are porous. If the components are sterilized with chemical solutions, it may happen that certain substances stay behind, and they may be found in the breastmilk afterwards.
- Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water before touching the breast and pump parts.
- The breast and surrounding area needs cleaning with a damp cloth. Soap or alcohol should not be used which can dry the skin and cause cracked nipples.
- Touching the inside of bottles and lids should be avoided.
Useful Hints/Trouble Shooting
- Breastmilk should not be left at room temperature.
- Frozen breastmilk separates, no matter what kind of container it is stored in. Before feeding, the breastmilk may be shaken to mix everything back together. This helps re-integrating the milk fat that had been clinging to the walls of the container or bag.
- Cannot be autoclaved.
- Breastmilk Bottle 250 ml (2 pcs.).
- 3 Breastmilk bottles with imprint (150 ml).
- 3 Lids.
- 3 Discs.
From the Manufacturer
In almost 40 years, Medela has developed from a one man distribution company to a global producer of the most technologically advanced breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories – which have been used by millions of mothers and their babies worldwide.
Throughout its history, Medela has been pushing the boundaries to create safe, efficient and best-selling products: Medela introduced the world’s first quality manual breast pump in 1983, and the world’s first phototherapy system for the treatment of neonatal jaundice which was small enough to be placed in a baby’s cot, in 1994. More recently, Medela introduced the 2-Phase Expression Technology, the world’s only research-based breast pump technology that mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm, resulting in getting mothers more milk in less time. A key aspect of Medela’s past and present success is a relentless focus on research-based medical technology – which will insure, on an on-going base, innovations in the fields of breastfeeding, phototherapy and “Healthcare”.
Breastfeeding BenefitsBreastfeeding provides close physical contact for an ideal relationship between mother and child.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the mother
- Quicker return of uterus to pre-pregnancy size with minimal bleeding
- Lower risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Less stress since Breastmilk is always available
- Saves time, costs and waste
- Nursing the baby helps the mother regain her normal figure
- Breastfeeding mothers often experience an increased self-confidence and a better adjustment with their babies
- Breastfed babies are healthier so their mothers will have less absenteeism from their workplace.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the baby
- Most natural nourishment
- Protection against infections such as diarrhoea, otitis media
- Promotion of optimal brain growth and intelligence of the child
- Breastmilk meets the needs of the baby; its composition changes according to the baby’s age
- Mouth, jaw and tongue movements during suckling have a positive influence on the speech development
- Less incidence of allergic diseases
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases his risk to develop necrotizing enter colitis (NEC)
- Breastmilk has the right temperature and needs no preparation. It is readily available whenever your baby needs it
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful experiences for mother and child. Breastmilk contains all the important nutrients and antibodies for a baby to thrive. Breastfeeding helps the baby to build up his own immune system. There is no other nourishment which has the specific contents for a new-born. For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), midwives and lactation consultants as well as Paediatricians all recommend that babies should be nourished exclusively with Breastmilk during the first six months after they are born.
Be the first to review “Breast Milk Bottles 250 ml(without Teat/1pc/Box)”